Dear Lyx developers,

I just compiled the latest Lyx version (commit 435db257...) on my Ubuntu
system with Qt version 4.8.6 and here's some quick feedback.

Preview of included files stopped working for me. Consider the attached Lyx
document that includes a tikz picture. The preview is not rendered and I
don't see any messages concerning the preview rendering in the message
pane. The same document works with 2.1.4.

While responsiveness with commit tagged 2.2-alpha2 seemed to be slow,
typing, scrolling and deleting is smooth with the latest commit.

I like the new icons and splash screen ;)

Cheers,
David