On 04/22/2016 12:36 PM, Christopher Bilder wrote:

I understand how to see the .log file from within LyX itself (Document >
LaTeX Log), so this request my seem odd! The real reason that I want to
be able to better control this LyX behavior is because I am using a
LaTeX package (StatRep – SAS’s “equivalent” to knitr for R) which
generates some additional files (SAS program) that I need to easily access.

Not sure if the temp folder(s) can be changed, but note that in LyX 2.2 there will be a button in Document>LaTeX log> to open the random-name folder in a file browser.