Dear experts,
I am a heavy user of LyX under Mageia5 which has all the normal TexLive stuff but does not provide tlmgr, TeX Live's package and configuration manager. What I am facing now is this 2.9 GiB 'texlive2016-20160523.iso - Ark' monster in /Home/Downloads. After reading all the documentation that came along plus some info from the internet I am more confused than ever and just do not know how to install tlmgr on my system.

Who would be so kind as to advise me (a person of blessed ignorance in this field) how to do that!? I prepared a fresh install of Mageia5 on a separate HD that could be used without damaging my system and data.

Thanks and cheers,
Michael