From: Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org>
 To: Nikola Ivan Leder <nikola.le...@gmail.com>
Cc: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
 Sent: Tuesday, 14 June 2016, 7:01
 Subject: Re: Exporting to ODF or MS Office ignores any bibliography styles

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 08:52:33PM +0000, Nikola Ivan Leder wrote:
> I am using Lyx to write my thesis and have run into several problems with
> exporting regarding references.
>
> I need are numerical references in numbered by order of appearance in the
> text (not sorted alphabetically) with vancouver style.
>
> I set this up with natbib and bibtex8 with vancouver style.
> The export to PDF or DVI via luatex gets me a perfect document, everything
> else gives me alphabetically ordered references, completely ignoring any
> changes I make to document/settings/bibliography.
>
> My bibliography is in .bib made with Jabref.
>

> I need export to word or ODF so I can copy/paste certain parts of the text
> to various web forms and such...  as well as for correspondence with my
> mentor etc..
>
> Is there any way to "fix" the export function?
> If I just select all text in the PDF and paste it in a text processor,
> there is a lot of manual work to get it to look proper.
>
> thank you in advance!
>
> P.S.  tried this in Linux and Windows, behavior is exactly the same

You need to read the  pandoc user guide, which should be installed with pandoc,
or is easily findable with a search.
LyX is not set up to produce bibliographies and references with pandoc. Rather,
there are specific ways that the references and bibliography have to be set up,
which means that you need to find and use the appropriate pandoc options.
I've only just commenced looking at this, so I cannot help with detail, except
to say
1. tex4ht may not be under the most active development, but it continues to
produce good output for me with citations and bibliography.

2. It seems the easiest way to use pandoc for citations and references (until
you work out how to modify the LyX command---under preferences>output--- to get
what you want) is to save as a LaTeX file and run pandoc on the command line.
Bruce