On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 02:23:43PM +0200, Michael Berger wrote:
> Dear Lyx users,
>
> texlive2016, GUI (manually installed as user)
> Ly<x 2.2.0 (manually installed as root)
> Mageia5, x86_64, KDE, working very well since about 7 months.
>
> I have plenty of documents produced with LyX 2.1 and texlive2013, both
> standard installations using Mageia's software manager.
> When opening these documents in LyX 2.2 I noted the following:
>
> - all documents *without* glosses work in LyX 2.2 and all export to PDF
> without problems
> - some documents with glosses work in LyX as should while some generate that
> error.
>
> Comparing and changing the settings of working and not working documents
> made no difference.
>
> Thinking the reason was because they were produced with my older versions I
> started a new document in LyX 2.2 and started writing glosses.
> To my surprise I got the same error. See attached mini file.
>
> The comment in the log file that comes along with the error doesn't tell me
> anything.
> Could somebody please explain / help to resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sending a minimal example!

This is a case (I admit they are rare) where the error is extremely
informative. Did you read it? Is there any part of it that is confusing?

Here is the error when you compile your .lyx file. I post it here
so that if you have a question you can reference the exact part
that you have a question about:

    You should note that since 1994 LaTeX2e provides a new font
    selection scheme called NFSS2 with several new, combinable font
    commands. New KOMA-Script classes have defined the old font
    commands like `\it' only for compatibility with old LaTeX 2.09
    document styles of Script 2.0. Nevertheless, these commands are
    deprecated and undocumented at least since 2003. Since 2013
    KOMA-Script classes warn abouts soon removement of these
    deprecated commands.  Now, after two decades of LaTeX2e and NFSS2,
    these commands will not work any more. If loading a package
    results in this error message, you should contact the author of
    that package and ask him to replace the deprecated font command
    `\it', e.g., by `\normalfont \itshape `. Otherwise you should
    reconfigure or replace the package. If you have used the old font
    command `\it' yourself, you should replace it, e.g., by
    `\normalfont \itshape '.  To make it work for now, you can use the
    already also deprecated class option
    `enabledeprecatedfontcommands'.

When you contact the author of the LaTeX package that is at fault,
can you please link to that bug report or keep this thread updated
confirming that you sent the maintainer a bug report (and also
subsequently when they reply?).

Best,

Scott