Preliminaries: I use Windows 10 with LyX 2.2.1.

Question:

·        How can I start a new paragraph *within* a description list, a
numbered list, etc., *without* have the first word typeset in bold face,
numbered, etc. Consider the following example:

Substance: a substance is ....
Note that a substance differs from a species in the following...

If I’m in a description list and simply take CR at the end of the first line,
the new paragraph will be a new description item. But I don’t want that (in
this case) – I simply want a new paragraph so that the new sentence (“Note
that...”) is logically separated from the first sentence of the description.

How do I do this in LyX 2.2.1?

Thanks,
B.