On 18.08.2016 16:23, Cris Fuhrman wrote:
When I upgraded/updated to LyX 2.2.0/2.2.1 forward search stopped
working. I found that the syncTeX settings were hosed (maybe set to some
defaults by the installer, maybe by reconfigure command?).

I set them again following the instructions for Windows/Sumatra below,
and forward/backward search work again:

https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/SyncTeX#toc2

Okay, I found the problem.

My filename contains an apostrophe as in "isn't". Not sure when I changed that. For some reason Sumatra shows the file with the apostrophe without problems when viewing the PDF. But on forward search Sumatra complains that it can't find the PDF without the apostrophe. Not sure whether this is a problem on LyX's or Sumatra's side. (Or maybe mine because one shoudnt use apostrophes in filenames?)

The same problem is in LyX 2.1.5.

Daniel