On 10/04/2016 03:18 PM, Mario D wrote:
> I know how to nest environments so that I can use enumerate inside
> another environment in order to produce something looking like:
>
> -----
> Theorem. The following are equivalent:
>    1. First statement.
>    2. Second statement.
> -----
>
> My question is: how can I produce
>
> -----
> Theorem.   1. First statement.
>    2. Second statement.
> -----
>
> The only way//I could get it was to insert an empty note after the
> "Theorem", then newline, start the enumerate and finally nest it.
> Is there a "cleaner" way?

Empty TeX code works, too. Either is a hack to make LyX think the first
line is not empty, since otherwise it will delete it.

If you do this a lot, you can do something like:

Format 60

Style Theorem*
KeepEmpty 1
End

in Local Layout. This tells LyX to allow empty lines in unnumbered
theorems. Then you do not have to do anything special.

> Moreover, how can I produce the following?
>
> -----
> Theorem.
>    1. First statement.
>    2. Second statement.
> -----
>
> For this I couldn't find a workaround.

Put a "protected space" on the first line. (Insert> Formatting>
Protected Space) This makes there by something on that line, but it's
invisible.

Richard