PDF will not format after routine entry. So I went back (using undo) beyond
that entry. Still receiving similar error message (see below). I typed the
number 2 and nothing changed : What next please?

*{\textmd{\#4.5. To date, much research on Bell\textquoterig...
I've run across a `}' that doesn't seem to match anything.
For example, `\def\a#1{...}' and `\a}' would produce
this error. If you simply proceed now, the `\par' that
I've just inserted will cause me to report a runaway
argument that might be the root of the problem. But if
your `}' was spurious, just type `2' and it will go away.