On 2016-10-21, edu Gpl wrote:

> [-- Type: text/plain, Encoding:  --]

> Dear Uw, lyx users

> I used tikz code in preamble for nice title, but if i wrote english title i
> did not gote error msg, else i gote error msg when i wrote arabic title
> (arabic letters).
> like this:

> Missing character: There is no ; in font nullfont!
> Package tikz Error: Giving up on this path. Did you forget a semicolon?.

This is possibly a "false positive":

* tikz is suppressing unwanted output by assigning it to a virtual
  "nullfont"
* LyX reports missing characters as error (because this can lead to great
  mistakes, consider "l=40 µm" with missing µ).

You can ignore the "no ... in font nullfont" errors and click "Show output
anyway". (LyX 2.3dev ignores these false positives, too.)

Nevertheless, the ";" may also be a misplaced or missing semicolon in your
tikz code or in tikz code you included (maybe indirectly).
So I recommend a careful look whether the output is OK.

Günter