On 11/04/2016 08:56 AM, Michael Berger wrote:

On 11/02/2016 02:16 PM, Michael Berger wrote:

On 11/02/2016 10:02 AM, Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2016-11-01, Michael Berger wrote:
Dear all,Mageia5, Lyx 2.2.2, Texlive2016, using classicthesis-LyX-v4.2_biblatex_biber
In body text I try using using Insert > Special Character > Symbols >
any category (e.g. Mathematical Operator)

This worked in Lyx 2.1 but in Lyx 2.2.2 either an error is thrown out or nothing happens when compiling to PDF. Classicthesis uses Language Encoding Unicode (utf8).
Is this a known issue?
Are there alternatives to get the symbols right in my text?
Many. But we cannot help without more info.

Please provide a minimal example -- the smallest possible document that
shows the problem.

Günter
Hallo Günter,
re Unicode(utf8) prevents inserting certain symbols in body text.

I found a way to work around the problem:
- Insert > Special character > Symbols > e.g. 'Mathematical Operator'
- select the symbol you want to use.
- select that very symbol and click on the 'Insert math' icon of the tool bar.
- bingo

Cheers,
Michael
Sorry, I have to correct myself!
It works for many symbols  but unfortunately not for all. :'(
Michael