Le 23/11/2016 à 22:20, racoon a écrit :
Only the edit mode of the document is changed, not the read-only state
(the permissions) of the file itself.

Thanks. Then "buffer-toggle-read-only" seems like a misnomer. And why is
this edit mode not saved?

Yes, it is a misnomer. This is why the menu uses a different wording. There is no reason to save the state.

For example, in release mode, help files are open in view-only mode by convenience. This has nothing to do with the state of the file itself.

We should probably try to separate the concept of read-only with the concept of view-only mode. But I know of no program that would change the read-only mode of a file (except for some hard locking with password).

What is the use case?

JMarc