 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdu...@gmx.com
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
 Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France

> Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 at 6:35 PM
> From: "Scott Kostyshak" <skost...@lyx.org>
> To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
> Subject: Re: SIGSEGV crahsed
>
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 11:14:24AM +0100, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I still have issue with lyx: crashes.
>
> My memory is horrible. Are you referencing another thread?
Yes,
But it is the first for a while (6 months ?), at least the first one with
lyx 2.2.2
> > It typical happen when I have a recent document opened and that I
> > want to open an older document (typically 1 year!)
>
> Thanks for the backtrace, but I don't think it's useful as is. Are you
> familiar with gdb by chance?
not too much!
> What is your OS?
fedora 24
> Have you compiled LyX?
No
lyx-2.2.2-1.fc24.x86_64
> What LyX version are you using?
> When exactly does the crash occur (right after you click "open")?
I had a recent file loaded,
than I open recent file which have been edited with lyx 2.2.2
#LyX 2.1 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 474
it was edited for the last file in october 2015

Now, if I do the opposite:
First open the old file and then the recent one, there is not crash.

> Are you able to reproduce it? e.g. if you try to open (in
> the same way) the same document that caused the crash does it crash
> again?

Probably, at least it happen 2 times the way. However, in the mean time, I
edited the recent file (2.2.2)
> Sorry for the frustration. It's not fun when a program consistently
> crashes while you are doing work. Hopefully we can figure out what's
> going on.

I had the same problem, a while ago, but again, it did happen for the 1st time
with 2.2.2