Am Freitag, den 30.12.2016, 11:47 -0200 schrieb Rudi Gaelzer:
> > On the command line, you get the error as well, although you
> probably
> > haven't noticed it.
>
> It's not quite like that. If I run bibtex for each child
> individually, the bbl's are generated without a hitch. The error
> comes when I bibtex'ed the main file.
> Your bibtexall script does not distinguish between the master and
> children aux's and processes them all, without issuing any message to
> the console.

Right. The script can be extended to ignore the main file, though.
Could you try if the (untested) attached bibtexallx script works?

Jürgen
#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- coding: iso-8859-15 -*-

# \author Juergen Spitzmueller

# This file is a wrapper on bibtex to let LyX
# process every aux file in the temp directory
# except for the master file's.
# This is needed if you use chapterbib with LyX.
# Place this file somewhere in your PATH , then
# open Tools->Preferences->LaTeX in LyX and change
# the "bibtex command" from "bibtex" to "bibtexallx".

import sys, os
for filename in os.listdir("."):
	if filename.endswith('.aux'):
		f = os.path.splitext(filename)[0]