On 01/21/2017 07:42 PM, Shane Eastwood wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am using /sidecap/ in a figure float to have the caption on the left or right side of a figure rather than below the figure, How to remove or replace "figure' with another caption when using /sidecap/? For example, instead of:

Figure 0.1 : /My beautful painting/ 2012

I would prefer

1. /My beautiful painting/ 2012

Please see attached Lyx file, and an image for the command if needed.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Shane

A couple of notes: the image you included did not match the one named in the document; and you have \usepackage{babel} twice in the preamble.

Given that you are using babel, add this to your preamble:

\addto\captionsenglish{\renewcommand{\figurename}{Image}}

You can change "Image" to whatever label you want (or nothing, to get no label other than the figure number).

Paul