On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 17:13:25 -0800, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 03:59:53PM +0000, Alexandru Băluț wrote:
> > I'm converting a LYX file to PDF from the command line and the conversion
> > apparently fails, the exit code of the process is 1:
> > $ lyx -e pdf2 docs/myfile.lyx -dbg latex

> > I kept removing stuff and I got to a point where I have a section 2.2.3
> > containing some simple text and if I remove its text leaving the section
> > empty (only the title), exporting to PDF succeeds with no errors, whereas
> > before it failed. I don't see how I could minimize the lyx file to be able
> > to report the bug.
> I don't understand. Why not?

Because the document is not public.

I ended up replacing all text manually with "t". To my surprise, the
common double-click to select a word and drag to select further entire
words does not work in lyx. It would be nice if it is the same as in
other editors.

I filed a bug: http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10586

On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 01:37:43 -0800, Dr Eberhard Lisse wrote:
> It runs PDFLaTeX repeatedly hence the repeated error messages.
>
> What I do in these cases is
>
> lyx -f -e pdflatex file.lyx
>
> Then run
>
> pdflatex file.tex
>
> (preferably from TexTmate2 on the Mac with Command-R) and go to the
> lines generating the error messages.

I tried this and it still errors out, but it prints a different error
related to a separate pdf used as an image in the document.

> If all fails, remove EVERYTHING (text before and after, formatting and
> loaded packages) step by step, until the error goes away. then generate
> a very small file (Minimal Working Example) that produces the error and
> post this here.

I attached the lyx file to the bug I filed, I removed as much as I
could: http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10586

Thanks,
Alex