Am 09.03.2017 um 15:34 schrieb Guenter Milde:
On 2017-03-09, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
On 2017-03-09, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
      would lyx2.2.2 (instead of lyx2.2.2.1) still need Unstable (or
      sid) in the repos? And does this lyx2.2.2 version contain already
      the bibtex related error reporting? These are the reason I would
      like to change my version.
Version 2.2.2 is what I see in sid:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/lyx
What version do you have now? And how did you install it? (I don't see
Lyx2.2.0, installed via Debians synaptic
Debians synaptic can install any Debian version.
Which version(s) is configured in /etc/apt/sources.list
Here:
deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie-updates main contrib non-free

So the default version is Debian/stable aka Debian/jessie.

According to https://packages.debian.org/jessie/lyx,
the version in jessie is 2.1.2-2.

When downloading version 2.2.2-1 from Debian/testing (stretch) for manual
install, requirements that are not in stable must be downloaded and manally
installed, too. This is, of course, risky because mixing Debian versions may
discover hidden bugs or incompatibilities.

Alternatively, you can try the unofficial build by Guy Rutenberg suggested on
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnDebian or build your own.

Günter

Thanks, Günter, for the pointers
Wolfgang