Am 21.03.2017 um 19:58 schrieb Ladislaus Banyai:
I have the following problem:
I used Lyx 2.1.4 (with MikTex 2.9 ) under Win10 to edit my lectures. Without problems until now. Just a few days ago I had undertaken an unlucky attempt to use a newer version. Before the new installation I have uninstalled the older one, but kept the installing "exe"-s. The new versions did not work at all satisfactory and I decided to return to my old version.

Easy done, but now I encounter something unexpected:
While importing "jpg" figures, they are shown within Lyx, but the "pdf" or "eps" figures not ("error by converting in usable format"). Nevertheless, by "Document-show-pdf" they are shown correctly. Analogously, export as "pdflatex" or "latex(pdf)" is OK, containing all the figures.
This is no tragedy, bu a little bit nerving.

I have looked in the configuration at data formats and converter and at missing packets, but did not remarked anything wrong.

Thanks for tipps!

L. Bányai

Have you tried "reload" (klick with right mouse button on your picture in lyx) or perhaps saving your lyx file with another name and trying again would help?
Wolfgang