On 03/23/2017 11:32 AM, Richard Heck wrote:
On 03/22/2017 02:25 PM, Bozdogan, Hamparsum (Ham) wrote:
I have installed LyX on my new PC laptop Win 10 system. This is the
new version 222.When I use the equation editor and the superscript for
minus (-) sign it gives me left-upward arrow. Do you know why this is
caused?
Are you sure you are using superscript? I get that symbol if I use the
script *font* and try to type a minus. How are you getting the superscript?
This problem occurs when the character you put the superscript on is a special type. For example, I often use \mathbb{R}^n and terms like it. In LyX, if you type \mathbb and hit space, or use the menu selection, you are put in that blackboard bold mode. If you don't hit another space after the R to get out of that mode --- there are red corners indicating the special mode on-screen --- then you actually are entering \mathbb{R^n}, and TeX gets very confused about what that n is. With the tap on the spacebar, the red corners disappear and all works as it should. The same holds for scripted characters like \mathcal{A} and similar things.

--

David L. Johnson
Department of Mathematics