Am Samstag, den 01.04.2017, 13:42 +0200 schrieb Matej Cepl:
> Hello,
>
> another problem with my wife’s switching to LyX: with the attached
> test
> document, I get LyX complaining about the missing package subscript
> (the
> same happens when I try to process the generated LaTeX file, also
> attached).
>
> When I look at https://ctan.org/pkg/subscript it seems to indicate,
> that
> it should be completely unnecessary. Not even package fixltx2e
> <https://ctan.org/pkg/fixltx2e> (recommended by
> http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/SpecialSymbols#superscript-subscript) seems
> be required these days.

Correct. See
http://www.latex-project.org/news/latex2e-news/ltnews22.pdf

> So, I have removed in $EDITOR line \usepackage{subscript} from the
> .tex
> file and run xelatex over it. And yes, everything was fine, subscript
> is
> correctly displayed.
>
> How to make LyX not to add that subscript requirement?

In Document > Settings > Local Layout:

Provides subscript 1

> Known bug (using
> lyx-2.2.2-5.el7.x86_64)?

The problem is that we need to consider also users with older LaTeX
distributions. So we'd need to check for the LaTeX version and load
subscript prior to 2015-01-01.

Jürgen