Replacing all special characters (Insert>Symbols) in the document allows me
to print the indices. I had inserted the pilcrow symbol in the document.
When resolving a problem with conversion I replaced all the symbols in my
document with text.
Any idea why this works? Are special symbols not allowed in footnote
spaces?