Public release of LyX version 2.3.0alpha1-1

We are proud to announce 2.3.0alpha1-1 of the new LyX 2.3 series.
2.3.0alpha1-1 differs from 2.3.0alpha1 only by two minor changes that are
required to build the Windows installer.

With this release, LyX celebrates 21 years of existence. The 2.3 series
has a rich set of new features compared to the current stable series.

LyX 2.3.0alpha1-1 is the culmination of one year of hard work. An overview
of the new features can be found here:
  http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX23

You can download LyX 2.3.0alpha1-1 from ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/.

We hope you will enjoy the result!

The file lib/RELEASE-NOTES lists some known issues and problems compared
to the current stable releases (LyX 2.2.x). We strongly recommend that
packagers of LyX on various platforms and distributions read this file.

As with any major release, this one comes with a lot of new features but
also some bugs. If you think you have found a bug in LyX 2.3.0alpha1-1, either
email the LyX developers' mailing list (lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org),
or open a bug report at http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome.

If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the
documentation that comes with LyX (under Help) and the LyX wiki, which you
will find at http://wiki.lyx.org/. You can also send email to the LyX users'
list (lyx-users at lists.lyx.org).

The LyX team.
http://www.lyx.org