On 06/05/2017 05:08 AM, Juanjo ML wrote:

I've tried two different ways:

  * writing it in Latex Code (Ctrl + L) (a simple Latex block with
    "\delta" within): it says "Missing $ inserted." and doesn't do
    anything further. When I click "do it anyway", Latex code seems to
    affect the whole line, till it finds a "special character", but my
    greek letter does not appear.
  * writing it as an inline equation (Ctrl + M) ("\delta" in a blue
    square): "Package inputenc Error: Unicode char...", but pdf is
    shown without clicking anything. It works, but I strongly believe
    these errors shouldn't be there...

The second approach should work without errors (although I'm not positive a delta in math mode is identical in appearance to a text delta), and does here. Can you post a minimal example of the second method that generates an encoding error message?

Paul