On 08/03/2017 06:04 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
Version 2.2.3
But the my other concern is about the fact that I can easily get the pdf file
from lyx, but not from teh .tex file generated by lyx.
Does lyx use a special option of latex?

As Guenter pointed out in your other thread, it makes a difference how you generate the PDF within LyX. Depending on what LaTeX programs you have installed, you can get LyX to generate a PDF using pdflatex, dvipdfm, LuaTeX, XeTeX or ps2pdf (maybe other choices I don't know about). If viewing or exporting (as PDF) using pdflatex works from LyX, but you try exporting as LaTeX (plain) and then running latex against that file, something may go amiss. Even worse, if you export as LaTeX (pdflatex) and then run latex (or LuaTeX or whatever) against that file, a mismatch may occur.

As to special options, if you go to Tools > Preferences... > File Handling > Converters and pick one of the LaTeX to something converters (e.g., LaTeX(pdflatex) -> PDF (pdflatex)), you'll see the command being issued and any extra options (flags) that are set.

Paul