From: Richard Heck [mailto:rgh...@lyx.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:11 PM
To: Shieh, Sanford <ssh...@wesleyan.edu>; lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: Key binding of unicode-insert problem

On 08/17/2017 03:04 PM, Shieh, Sanford wrote:
I'm trying to bind unicode-insert of accents and umlauts on vowels using a bind
file, and running into the following issue.

I have the following line in the bind file:

\bind       "M-S-: u" "unicode-insert 00FC" # umlaut lower u

But in the Preference Editing Shortcuts dialog box this shows up weirdly (also
in attached JPEG)

[cid:image001.jpg@01D3176C.5B9ED8C0]

As this screenshot shows, there's no problem when I use the dialog box to bind
to the alt-shift-: followed by u combination.

Is this an issue with Win7, which I'm using?

I also see something weird in the dialog, but it's a different weird from
yours. This is on Linux. My guess is that there is some kind of font problem.

Can you file a bug about this at lyx.org/trac/?

Richard