Dear Lyx users,

On 2017-08-17, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:41:17 +0200 Roberto <foice.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 04/08/2017 17:35, Cris Fuhrman wrote:

> Are you ever going to let this thread die?

I am not sure whether it is better to let this thread die or to bring it to
a good end.

* a lot of blaming, bashing and bad feelings have been exchanged, but

* a lot of good implementation ideas about an all-inclusive file format came
  up as well.

> You've been informed it will break existing things

Well done, an all-inclusive file format will not break anything.
(There is no need to *replace* the existing format with a new one.)

However, given how counter-productive it is to insult developers that
spend their spare time on a project, it may be that

> your best move now is to let this thread die.

and sum up the good points in a feature request at trac.

Günter