As I wrote,

for collaboration RCS is not good enough and I would also not use it.

Whether to use GIT or SVN, I defer to the experts and if GIT is
supported out of the box, so be it :-)-O

But, for my own use on the Mac with Time Machine and Unison (to
synchronize my machines at home and work) RCS is all I need.

el