Am 08.03.2018 um 11:56 schrieb Emile Lunardon:

How could I let the Miktex update happen? It's very simple, bundle3 displayed a window...

OK, so you didn't update MiKTeX manually.

I don't know if Miktex was really broken, but LyX was no more able to launch the compilation of the documents. Then, as I wrote you, a Miktex update failed and it is only later that on the Miktex console I have seen that there was proposed a list of packages to be installed with one package inside. After the installation of this package LyX (2.2.3 and 2.3) were both able to compile again documents.
Presently all seems to work fine.

OK, then the problem I detected yesterday seem to exist since Monday on some mirror servers (I'll check right now if this is now fixed and report back). MiKTeX must be updated to be able to work with it, but the update failed because the main package containing the info of all other MiKTeX packages appeared recently truncated on the MiKTeX mirror servers. Since you had a state of MiKTeX with the new MiKTeX console, it means that the update was partially successful. When I launch in this state the MiKTeX console manually and force another update run, I get MiKTeX fixed. And this is what you did too. So my analysis is that the LyX installer could force the update to the MiKTeX console but the packages and, more important, the links to the packages could not be updated by the MiKTeX console because of the truncated package info.

In my opinion you should  concentrate on the reason of the presence in bundle3 of this dialog window with only an "OK button" to click as possible answer as we should be in position to decline the proposition to update Miktex

In this case we must force an update. You observed what happens if this is not performed or incomplete - MiKTeX can be broken. The MiKTeX package handling changed and the different programs to install and maintain packages do no longer exist. They were replaced by the MiKTeX Console. Therefore we must find a way that users of older MiKTeX get the console because if they do this by themselves (e.g. by installing a new package or in same cases by reconfiguring LyX) a bug in MiKTeX can cause LaTeX to break completely.

many thanks for your help with testing and feedback
Uwe