On 06/08/2018 01:39 PM, Richard Kimberly Heck wrote:
On 06/08/2018 08:31 AM, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
On 06/08/2018 01:14 AM, Reuven Segev wrote:
Hi,
When using LyX to produce slides with Beamer, I encountered the following issue. Beamer produces an empty slide wherever I insert my math macros. I could not think of a way to "encapsulate" them.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best,
Reuven Segev
Try putting them in a standard environment before the title.

That may not work: You're likely to get a warning about there being a non-title environment before the title. What you can do is put the macros in a standard environment right after the title, author, etc, and before the first real frame (or section heading, or whatever). It is also possible to put macros right into a frame, as long as they are not in an environment that will `break' the frame. E.g., you can't put them in standard, unless that is use with increased depth. But you can put them in the Frame environment, right after the frame title (or anywhere else).

Riki

Sorry, that was a typo: I meant to say /below/ the title, not before. I don't get a non-title warning with a macro above the title, but I do get a not properly defined error when I use it.

Paul