To answer my first question: it seems that the turkish option need
\usepackage[shorthands=:!]{babel}
in the preamble (I can see that in the article in Turkish I have written, I
have probably met this part of the problem at that time).

But my second question remains: how can I tell LyX to not include this
option?

mail: murat.yildizoglu at u-bordeaux.fr

web: http://yildizoglu.fr