On 10/22/2018 04:16 AM, Pol wrote:

A possible improvement of the spellchecker facility: Common, typical
mispellings made by authors could be istantaneously autocorrected by
lyx, by checking a suitable list  maintained by authors themseves.

If there is to be a list of substring substitutions automatically to be made, then there is no particular reason to confine it to misspellings. If I somehow know that I am always going to intend to have typed “watermelon” when I type “giraffe”, or “\sim” when I type “\defeq”, then I will want these substitutions made as well.

But if I know that I never intend to type “satistics” then why would I still do it so often that the ordinary find-and-replace function weren't sufficient to fix the occasional lapse?

And do I really want a wordprocessor as if cynically imagined by Cyril M. Kornbluth

  https://www.gutenberg.org/files/51233/51233-h/51233-h.htm
  • auto fixing mispelle... Pol
    • Re: auto fixing... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
      • Re: auto fi... Pol
        • Re: aut... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
          • Re:... paolo m.
            • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
              • ... Pol
                • ... Michael Berger
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
                • ... Ricardo Berlasso
                • ... Bernt Lie