On 10/23/2018 06:04 AM, Pol wrote:

Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch) wrote:

On 10/22/2018 03:38 AM, Pol wrote:

Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch) wrote:

On 10/21/2018 11:48 AM, Paolo M wrote:

I have noticed that spellchecker does not work, if an alternative
language has been given.
Is that a bug?

Do you have a vocabulary loaded for the alternative language?

Not to my knowledge.

So, just how were you imagining that the spellchecker would do its
checking, then?

By 'alternative language' i understood as second vocabulary that the
spellchecker use, if no entries in the default vocabulary matches the
current word. I see no reason for the spellchecker does not check any
words, most of them belonging to the default language,

Nope. Perhaps someone might construct a wordprocessor for the peculiar needs of translators, which would provide functionality of the sort that you imagine. But LyX is not that wordprocessor. It doesn't support a hierarchic handling of languages. A useful handling of spellchecking across two or more languages would require complications of the interface.

Moreover, i have never explicitly loaded any vocabulary. I suppose that
has been done automatically, after the language name has been
entered. Shouldn't be the same, when entering the name of the
alternative language?

Lyx is not networking software.