Thanks. I think I have narrowed down the problem to "Default output set to " with "PDF (XeTeX)" in

Document > Settings... > Formats.

Can you confirm that the problem goes away if you use the "Default" output format? (To force LyX to regenerate the preview you can just save the file under a new name after you made the change.)

Daniel

On 31/10/2018 14:32, Bernt Lie wrote:
Here is my "template_test.lyx" file, which contains displayed math with \text{} containing letter
"ø". This letter is not displayed wieh I have enabled "instant preview". It does show up
when preview in LyX is turned off. In any way, it shows up in the generated PDF file.

Still, it annoys me that it doesn't show up when I turn on "instant preview".

Any clues? I use the latest version of Windows 10 (v 1803) 64 bit, LyX 2.3.1 64
bit, version from September 2018 (?).

Suggestions are appreciated.
Bernt

-----Original Message-----
From: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org> On Behalf Of Daniel
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:44
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: LyX 2.3.1: bug in "\text" mode of equations

On 30/10/2018 11:33, Bernt Lie wrote:
Hm... I opened a new document of the template, and in this new template, the
preview works. But it does not work in another document from the same template,
where I'm in the process of inserting text from an OCR scanned paper copy of a
document I wrote 30 years ago... (using Adobe Acrobat for OCR).

This is weird. Maybe some junk from the imported, scanned document? I'll test
some more.

You can also try whether making a copy of your problem document and opening the
copy makes a difference. As far as I remember this should force LyX to
regenerate the preview.

Daniel