Dear list members,

I'm in a bit of trouble while testing LyX 2.3.1 (fortunately on a
secondary PC), under Linux Debian 9 (Stretch).

I'm using an US-international keyboard layout, with dead keys: to type
an accented letter, I type the accent, then the letter (and accent +
space if I want just the accent).

Just today I noticed that no dead key was working anymore in LyX! I
can't get any accented letter or standalone accent. In other apps I
don't have this problem.

Yet I'm rather sure it worked "before"--I have just tested it again on a
live USB session.

So... How did I manage to break my LyX install, and how could I get it
back?

Any help greatly appreciated! Best regards, Daniel