>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: Prevent linebreaks and pagenumbering in TOC
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:07:37 +0200
5.0.4 |June 8, 2000) at 04/25/2001 10:07:38 AM

>>Hi Lyxers!
>>
>>Iīm a Lyx-newbie and ran in two problems:
>>
>>1. The linebreaks within words at the TOC look ugly. How can I prevent
>>these linebreaks in the TOC?
>>I tried
>>
>>     \mbox{ bla bla .....bla}
>>
>>but then, there wasnīt any linebreak at all and the line in the TOC left
>>the right margin. The section line looks
>>quite OK in the normal text, so I donīt want to do a linebreak in the
>>section line, causing the TOC-line to behave the same.

You will get in trouble as well with the runnib headers I guess.
The optional text in sectioning instructions allows to get
shorter test in both places.

>>2. I tried Herbert Vossī trick to prevent pagenumbering showing up in the
>>TOC:
>>
>>     \tableofcontents
>>     \addtocontents{toc}{\protect\thispagestyle{empty}}
>>
>>The problem is, that Iīm using fancyheader, so I tried a
>>
>>     \addtocontents{toc} {\protect\fancyfoot{}}
>>
>>This works fine for the TOC, but in the normal text, the pagenumbering at
>>even pages disappeared.
>>
>>Thanks in advance

I personnaly use the fancyplain facility to change headers and footers
for special pages (i.e. no printing of chaptermarks in the first page
of a chapter. Yous shouls have look at the fancyhdr doc.

--
Jean-Pierre