Many thanks for your reply.

> This is how minipages work.
Let me ask a small question on this occasion - do you mean that a minipage
will NEVER be split over pages (even if it is just a long piece of text) ?

> Why do you "need" it inside a minipage?
On principle because I have a "loooong" table with quite a lot of
footnotes in it. So I just wanted to have a separate minipage with this
table (and "embedded" footnotes).
But ... if this is not possible ... I think I can also live with the
longtable and footnotes in the bottom of the page.
Best regards,
Jacek.
P.S. May I ask an unrelated question - when is the 1.1.6fix2 planed ?