Matej Cepl wrote:

> On čtvrtek 26 duben 2001  3:49 Juha Siltala wrote:
> > This would reduce the traffic on this list by half :-)
>
> Having toubles with PostScript and postscript fonts. Trying to
> get working ae,aecompl package (I guess I am really addicted to
> Computer Modern, so pslatex doesn't work for me), I have
> troubles to get PDF (via dvips->ps2pdf) with Type1 fonts. It
> worked like a charm with my previous Linux, but I have RedHat
> 7.0 now (tetex virtually untouched from the distribution) and it
> makes Type3 fonts always. However, when using pdflatex it is OK.

i have no experiences with redhat

> Latex while compiling complains something about missing fonts,
> but it seems to me that a) when it is tetex, it should work :-)
> (I mean package ae from tetex, should be able to work with fonts
> from tetex, shouldn't it?), b) when it is CM, it should be able
> to create them from MetaFont (I set fonts directories to RW via
> texconfig). Am I correct or what's wrong?

1. using ae-fonts needs no \input-encoding
------
A set of virtual fonts which emulates T1 coded fonts using the standard
CM fonts. The package is called AE fonts (for Almost European). The main
use of the package is to produce PDF files using versions of the CM
fonts instead of the bitmapped EC fonts.
------

2. someone prefer zefonts
------
Virtual T1 encoded Computer Modern fonts based on (OT1) Computer Modern,
Times, and Helvetica fonts, intended to simulate `dc' fonts. (Wayne
Sullivan's `dm' fonts are another approach to the substitution of `dc'
fonts by virtual ones.)
------

your text gives good results (for me) with
layout->document->character set->times

Herbert

--
http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]