I was using Lyx for Mac rather extensively to write a long-ish manuscript about
a year ago, but have been away from it for a while.

In the interval, a problem has arisen, though nothing has changed in my setup
besides updating Lyx and Latex via TexLive.  I install the embrac package,
which ensures non-italic brackets in otherwise italicized environments.  This
used to work without a problem, but now generates the error message:

LaTeX3 Error: Command '\textsi' not yet defined!

I am sure of my trouble-shooting, since commenting out the usepackage command
eliminates the error.

When I was using Lyx a year ago, I wasn't seeing any mentions of LaTex3, I'm
fairly sure (and no errors from embrac).  Any idea what's going wrong and how I
can eliminate the problem or work around it?

Thanks,
David