Hi

Attached is a MWE.

Error is:

"! Package babel Error: You haven't defined the language brazil yet.

See the babel package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.12 \selectlanguage{brazil}"

heers

On 01/04/2020 09:05, José Abílio Matos wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 April 2020 08.55.06 WEST Steve Hnizdur wrote:

 > Hi

 > I need to included some Brazilian Portuguese in an English document.

 > When I do this through standard Lyx methods, Lyx automatically adds the

 > option "brazil" to the document class in the preamble. Unfortunately

> this stops the document compiling to a PDF with an error of Unknown option.

> The same error occurs if the whole document is set in Brazilian Portuguese.

 > Any way round this other than editing the tex file or using another

 > language?

 > Cheers.

It seems difficult to understand the cause without further information:

What document class are you using?

What is the precise error message you are getting?

Regards, :-)

--

José Abílio

--