On 5/27/22 18:44, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2022, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

AFAIK, \lstset{} is the correct command. In order to use it in the
preamble, you have to precede it with \usepackage{listings}.

Paul,

I overlooked that.

The correct syntax for setting the tabulator size is tabsize=4. "Tabulator
size=4" will cause an error.

Okay. I wondered about that string.

Setting package defaults in the preamble will not register in the LyX
settings dialog, but they will work. So the dialog will continue to say
"no language" and tab size 4 (or whatever the dialog defaults are), but
your preamble settings will work in the compiled document.

Good.

Now I find an error in the complied document that makes no sense.

In one code block are these lines:
row_index_width = 100,
auto_resize_default_row_index = True,
set_all_heights_and_widths = False,
row_height = "1",

but in the PDF the middle two lines are combined and there are spaces before
the terminating commas:
row_index_width = 100,
auto_resize_default_row_index = True , set_all_heights_and_widths = False ,
row_height = "1",

So far I've not been able to figure out why so I'll worry about this tomorrow.

Thanks,

Rich
If the code was copied from outside LyX and pasted in, maybe there are some stray nonprinting characters and/or one of the supposed end-of-line characters is borked. The simplest way to test this would be to backspace over the offending commas and surrounding spaces and then type them back in.

Paul

PS: For future reference, a simple alternative to mucking around with package defaults is to create an empty listing inset, fiddle with options in the settings dialog, then just copy the empty inset and paste the copy in wherever you need to enter code.