Sorry, probably being dense here but this is what I get after finding the function

/System/Volumes/Data/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/lyx2lyx -v Contrast\ paper.lyx zsh: permission denied: /System/Volumes/Data/Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/lyx2lyx

Thanks for helping out here. Been a LyX user since 2001 when it was KLyX and this is the first time I’ve seen this.

Tim