On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 03:17:20PM +0200, Ricardo Berlasso wrote:
> I'm a bit crazy, let's face it, so not only have I updated the book I once
> wrote about LyX, I've done it in English, Spanish and Italian. Here they
> are:
>
> [EN]
> https://frommindtotype.wordpress.com/lyx-book/
> [ES]
> https://elpinguinotolkiano.wordpress.com/latexxetexlyx/
> [IT]
> https://ilpinguinoscrittore.wordpress.com/xelatexlyx/
>
> Comments and corrections are welcome. Surely there will be many corrections
> ;)

This is great! Congratulations, and thank you. I have questions :)

What is your workflow for writing a book in multiple languages? Are they
completely separate .lyx files, or do you produce them from the same
.lyx file?

Only if you have time (no worries if not!):
Since you have 2.4.0dev set up: can you export your .lyx file to 2.3.x,
and open the exported file in master? Does compilation succeed? Are
there any differences in the PDF? (a great tool for checking is
diffpdf). Doing this "roundtrip" conversion is a helpful test of
lyx2lyx. If you also have 2.3.x installed, in addition to the above, can
you check that 2.3.x can compile the file that you exported from
2.4.0dev?

Thanks,
Scott