On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 03:28:47PM +0200, Lorenzo Bertini wrote:
> Hi LyX users!
>
> I have a keyboard that doesn't have the function keys, so the ESC button
> also contains the \ key. You can probably see where this is going: every
> time i want to type \ I have to press FN and then ESC.
>
> How could I make it so ESC is not "escape" (which I don't really need) but
> instead "input \"? I figured I have to edit keybinds, but what would the
> correct command be?

One can approach this on different levels:
1) systems-wise via xmodmap (if you are on linux)
2) lyx-wise via keyboard maps in prefs (no guarantee how much maps still work)
2) lyx-wise via keybinding esc to "unicode-insert 005c"

It might be better idea to bind to different key than getting rid of escape
though :)

Pavel