Dear Lyx Mac users,

I have just installed Ventura. Now LyX cannot read my modules any more.  They
are correctly listed in the modules list in the settings dialog, but I get the
error message "Error reading module addons” (where “addons.module” is my module
file in my personal  layout folder).  The additional environments are not
showing up either.

When I try to reconfigure I get the error message that it failed. When I delete
my LyX-2.3 folder altogether, then LyX creates a new folder but gives more
error messages. It cannot be reconfigured either and processing documents does
not work at all (It doesn’t even find the article class).

If I use my old LyX-2.3 folder then I can process simple documents and the
built-in modules work, but it cannot read my personal ones.

I first thought that my preferences simply cannot be read any more, but other
personal customisations such as colors  or key bindings do work.

Needless to say, there were no problems before the update from the previous
version of the OS.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?  I have no idea what went wrong.

Given my experience, I would advise not to upgrade to Ventua right now

Thanks and regards, Marcus