On Fri, 28 Oct 2022, Herbert Voss wrote:

you have to clip the image by
trim=2.25cm 12cm 2.25cm 1.5cm,clip
or (what makes more sense) to crop the pdf image before using:

Herbert,

I cropped the image when I loaded it in the original document two years ago.
See attached.

There is no 'trim' here so there's nothing for the pdfcrop command.

I edited your example: changing the location of the image (documents
directory) and inserting the above trim options.

I copied the image to the document's directory; it makes no differece.

It looks buggy inside LyX because it doesn't take the trim values into
account. The pdf is ok (see attached screenshot)

This document compiled two years ago when originally written. It's now that
I'm modifying it that the build fails.

Thanks,

Rich