On 10/30/22 17:28, Rich Shepard wrote:
I'm running version 2.3.6.1.  LyX format is 544.

The content environments are not visible in the outline pane. Under the
Outline heading is the dropdown box that normally has environments such as Standard, Section, and so on. Now the widget displays Table of Contents and
the other items available are Citations, Figures, Footnotes, Graphics,
Labels and References.

I don't know what I did to get this display so I've no idea how to return it
to return it to what it's been before.

A clue stick is needed.

Rich

Rich,

The select box under the "Outline" heading is intended to show only major content groupings (ToC etc.). The select box that has Standard, section environments, list/enumeration environments etc. sits at the start of the main toolbar, under the File menu where it always is. It's not there for you? If not, maybe attach a screenshot?

Paul