Hello,

Does LyX have an option to copy and paste a piece of LaTeX code in raw
format, i.e. removing any trace of macros that were used to generate the
code?

For an example of what I mean, I have a piece of documentation in LyX where
the code is given by

0=\dfrac{\partial^{2}\inTheSolid{\dimensionless A}}{\partial\dimensionless
x^{2}}+\dfrac{\partial^{2}\inTheSolid{\dimensionless
A}}{\partial\dimensionless y^{2}}

where inTheSolid and dimensionless are both macros (which themselves depend
on other macros) created so that the text looks like this:

I would like to be able to use a command to copy and paste the LaTeX code
for the equation as it is formatted, so that any traces of the macros in the
source code are removed in doing so.  I use LyX all the time for my
mathematical typesetting work and I have found macros to be extremely
useful, but the downside of this is that the equations cannot be pasted into
other software without some way of defining the macros or creating preambles
in those packages. The other software packages I have in mind are ones that
have a plugin to support LaTeX but aren't designed with it in mind (e.g.
GeoGebra, Blender, InkScape etc.).

Are there any plans to implement such a feature (and how much would it cost
to implement such a feature if not)?

Best regards,

- Oliver Bond.