Thanks, Herbert and Scott. Very handy!

Wolfgang

Am 23.06.23 um 12:42 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 12:10:33PM +0200, Herbert Voss wrote:

Am 23.06.23 um 10:29 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:
I would like to export a pdf file from lyx in which the lines are
numbered for each page. Under User guide B12 is a description, which I,
however, do not understand enough.

I wouldn't mind, as an alternative, to do the line numbering in the pdf
file directly (which pdf reader? Okular? I use Debian.).

The reason is, that I would like to send the document to a coauthor for
question, for which I should tell him where to look at.

Write

\usepackage{lineno}
\linenumbers

into the documents preamble.

I didn't search for a switch inside the LyX menues ...
Maybe that there is one.

This will be supported in LyX 2.4:

   https://wiki.lyx.org/LyX.NewInLyX24#lineno

Scott