Dear developers,

first of all: Thanks for the great work that you have been put into LyX!
I was trying to get LyX packaged for flatpak ( see also https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/11143 ) when I ran into a serious issue: I need to set the "\tempdir_path" before the first start of the program. Is this possible and how can it get done? The background is that flatpak wants to sandbox applications as much as possible and any access to the system directories has to be explicitly granted. This leaves us with to possibilities: a) As the access to the home directory is useful anyway, we set the "\tempdir_path" to a directory within the home directory. However, this should be done before the first start of LyX for a smooth user experience. b) Any system directory can be accessed if the access is explicitly granted. However, granting access to "\tmp" does not do the trick as this grants access to "\tmp" and NOT its subdirectories (as far as I understood). With LyX saving its temp-files in sub-directories of "\tmp" and not in "\tmp" itself, I don´t see how this would get me any further.

My proposal therefore would be to go with option (a) but I don´t know how to do that. Do you have any ideas?

Kind regards,
Jakob