On Mon, 11 Sep 2023, Rich Shepard wrote:

I am not seeing where the paragraph layouts differ, so I'll look at the
.tex outputs for both.

Herbert,

Yes, I had the wrong environment for the \today date. Fixed that. Now,
mwe.pdf shows the title, subtitle, and date while the whole document doesn't
here are the two .tex segments:

MWE:
\begin{document}
\titlehead{\includegraphics[viewport=0bp 0bp 528bp
157bp,clip,width=1\textwidth]{/home/rshepard/documents/templates/llc-letterhead}}
\title{Title line 1\\
Title line 2}
\subtitle{Subtitle line}
\date{\today}\maketitle

Whole document:
\begin{document}
\titlehead{\includegraphics[viewport=0bp 0bp 528bp
157bp,clip,width=1\textwidth]{/home/rshepard/documents/templates/llc-letterhead}}
\title{Lake Merwin Campers Hideaway\\
Mooring Docks Expansion}
\subtitle{Compliance with environmental requirements}
\date{\today}
\maketitle

Other than \maketitle being on a separate line I don't see why the date does
not display in the whole document. Is the error some place else?

Regards,

Rich